Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
GOD & SPIES: Based on a True Story. Author GM Matheny was a US Navy saturation diver on the nuclear submarine USS Halibut, involved in Operation Ivy Bells. America’s most important and most dangerous of the Cold War clandestine operations. If you like espionage, diving, adventure, history, and good old-fashioned American bravado, you will enjoy this book.
GOD & SPIES is a firsthand account of America’s greatest intelligence coup! Operation Ivy Bells was not an onetime intercept of foreign intelligence but an ongoing operation of multiple Soviet military channels. Another reason for the high interest in our operation was the audacious nature in which it was done—with not one person risking his neck but the crews of two US Navy nuclear submarines which rendezvoused in Soviet territorial waters.
“How did I end up as a navy diver, four hundred feet down in a frigid Siberian sea? After making my dad totally upset, I set out to make him happy. ‘Honor thy father’ – I struggled with a decision to serve God. ‘Lord, I will give my life to you and serve you if you let me make this dive.’ But I had the impression God only wanted to know one thing: ‘What if I do not let you? Will you serve me anyway?’”
Publisher: The Good Book Company
Price: $2.99 (May 6-7)
This book is for you if:
• You dread family occasions because relatives will ask you what you’re doing with your life
• Social media leaves you with the miserable suspicion that most of your friends have more fun/a better relationship/more money/a better house/more friends than you do
• Watching sitcoms from your adolescence on Netflix makes everything feel better
• You’ve ended up in a job that has absolutely nothing to do with what you dreamed of doing when you were six (or eleven, or sixteen)
• You still keep loads of stuff at your parent’s house
Sooner or later, most of us find that adult life is not all it’s cracked up to be. At some point, we take a look at where we’ve got to and wonder: “Is this it? Why did no one warn me that adult life was going to be this… difficult?”
Rachel Jones is 20-something, trying to keep it together, and ready to say what we’re all thinking. Whether you’re just feeling a bit lost or having a full “quarter-life crisis”, this funny, honest, hopeful book reveals the difference Jesus makes to the angst of adulting.
Ever been asked, “Can God create a rock so heavy that He cannot lift it?” Your reply is a great opportunity to help someone receive a clearer understanding of who God is and perhaps even help lead him or her to Christ. Insights like this are what make this book so unique compared to other resources. These are real responses to real people, designed to provide information that will make aggressive critics take a step back, consider the truth, and perhaps learn about God along the way!
– Can be enjoyed by anyone from skeptics to Christians to scholars
– Replies to actual attacks from newspaper articles, blogs, debate boards, DVDs, and other sources
– Short, powerful responses to strengthen faith and develop a greater respect for God’s Word!
Whether you want to witness more effectively or give someone seeking truth a resource that will help, Confound the Critics is the perfect choice! And that big rock question? Make sure they are asking about the God of the Bible and then remind them God isn’t bound to the laws — like gravity — of the universe He created!
In this grab bag, we have 6 e-books on theology & biblical studies. The prices and sale dates that they have provided are under each book cover.
In this grab bag, we have 8 e-books. The prices and sale dates that they have provided are under each book cover.
In this grab bag, we have 12 fiction e-books. The prices and sale dates that they have provided are under each book cover.