The Beauty and Glory of God’s Word
We’re sorry but you missed this offer. It is no longer free or a deal.
“The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple” (Ps 19:7). In this age of uncertainty, we need to stand on the rock of God’s revelation. You will find encouragement in this book to trust the Bible as God’s inerrant, authoritative, clear, and sufficient word, as well as guidelines for how to use the Bible for personal joy and practical living. Contributors include Michael Barrett, Joel Beeke, Gerald Bilkes, Ronald Kalifungwa, David Murray, Jack Schoeman, Geoff Thomas, and William VanDoodewaard.
Table of Contents:
The Bible as the Written Word of God
1. The Wonder of the Word—Michael Barrett
2. The Authority of Scripture—Geoff Thomas
3. Challenges to the Word: A Case Study on Adam—William VanDoodewaard
The Glorious Properties of God’s Word
4. The Clarity of Scripture—Jack Schoeman
5. The Sufficiency of Scripture—Geoff Thomas
6. The Inspiration, Infallibility, and Authority of Scripture—Gerald Bilkes
The Beautiful Life of Feeding on God’s Word
7. Holding Fast to the Word of Life— Ronald Kalifungwa
8. The Word of God and the Making of the Man of God— Ronald Kalifungwa
9. Finding Joy in God’s Word—David Murray
10. Receiving and Doing the Word—Joel Beeke
“Because the Bible is God’s Word, it possesses a unique and exquisite beauty that sets it above every other book in the world. Because it is God’s Word, it communicates with us, challenging our assumptions, commanding our attention, and correcting our behavior. This book about God’s Word is a fitting reminder to us that the Bible is no mere religious text, but a voice from another world speaking into ours with clarity, authority, beauty, and grace, suitable for all people, in all situations, and at all times. The great themes addressed in this collection of studies will serve to heighten our appreciation of who God is, how He has spoken to us, and what it is that He actually says.” – Iain D. Campbell, a minister in the Free Church of Scotland, Isle of Lewis.