Andrew Murray: Destined to Wait: A Biographical Novel
We’re sorry but you missed this offer. It is no longer free or a deal.
Publisher: Clairvaux House
Hankering to go, but needing to stay
A true story about facing the challenges of Christian leadership in a volatile environment of political intrigue and church secession
Twenty-eight year old Andrew Murray has just married Emma Rutherfoord, the girl of his dreams, and is looking forward to resuming his ministry in Bloemfontein with her at his side. But he is barely back in town, when trouble strikes. The small, land-locked Orange Free State throws up a series of nail biting situations in which Andrew is called upon to play a central role. They include:
- The attempted take-over of the Orange Free State by Marthinus Pretorius, President of the Transvaal
- The devastation of Beersheba Mission by a Boer Commando during the Basuto War
- The secession of Psalm-singing (Dopper) members within his own congregation
- Antagonism towards his bilingual education program at Grey College
- The need to acquire Dutch teachers for his farm school project
Between dealing with all the tensions outside the home, there is also the small matter of Andrew only knowing his wife Emma for about seven face-to-face weeks before he married her. So on the home front, Andrew finds himself having to navigate marriage with a wonderfully talented wife, but one who knows her own mind.
Added to this is his growing desire to start over again in a new congregation. But although he hankers to go, there are responsibilities forcing him to stay, that is, until God has finished with his training.
Scroll up and grab a copy today.